To apply for membership to the Council for Supplier Diversity Professionals, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Persons may be admitted as Members of the Council who meet the criteria for membership established by the Board of Directors of the Council. Requirement for membership include
- Have employment in or acts as an agent of a corporation, government agency, or non-profit organization that has a supplier diversity program or is in the process of starting one. The corporation/organization must proactively seek out diverse-owned businesses as suppliers. A “supplier diversity program” means there is at least one individual charged with leading supplier diversity who proactively promotes diverse-owned supplier capabilities to supply chain management or purchasing. The initiative must have the tools to track and record spend that will allow the supplier diversity lead to knowledgeably set spend goals and determine capacity development needs.
- Have responsibility for or influence on supplier diversity and responsibility for the inclusion of underrepresented groups in the purchase of goods/services to diversify the business entity's supplier base.
- Participate in local supplier diversity efforts and have membership to a certified Supplier Diversity Council: for example the NMSDC or WBENC or one of its affiliated regional councils.
- Join and participate in a working committee of CSDP upon active membership and participation, which are as follows:
Committees may be added or deleted at the discretion of the residing CSDP Board of Directors.
- Program Education and Professional Development
- Information Technology
- Pay annual dues and maintain good standing. Dues are $100, but are subject to change without notice
- Be willing to sponsor future efforts to enhance the organization
- Participate in general membership meetings